Ebook Graphics Work and File Conversion – oDeskin May2
I need my 31 page ebook to look more polished and I need to convert it into epub files for sale. I have successfully completed an initial conversion from Pages to epub, but I am not happy with the result.
To improve upon the current work, I need a good graphic artist and epub expert. I also need to source a skilled person for more graphics and publishing projects.
For this project, I will supply either the WORD (original) or Pages document (I created a Pages document to test the conversion to epub).
You will use these source files to:
1) Improve the graphics look of the WORD (or Pages) ebook (31 pages) for epub distribution, including the book cover.
The book needs a more colorful and stylish look and layout. I want to include my basic corporate colors from the logo (blue and grey) and add some other colors to add some life.
The photos that I have cut and pasted into the document would probably look better on mats. I am not sure. That's why I need a designer.
The book is primarily for 18 to 25 year old university students.
2) Structure the document table of contents to be correctly converted into an epub table of contents. This should be easy. Just set the contents in the document to first level prior to conversion. I understand that epub does not permit a hierarchical table of contents.
3) Take the document footnote references and place them under each photo in the document, so that the footnotes do not get formatted to the last page during the epub conversion.
4) Confirm that the cover and page order is standard for the epub format.
5) Recommend any further improvements prior to conversion.
6) Make the above changes while maintaining a reasonable file size.
7) Convert the document to epub formats for Nook, Kindle, iPad and any other recommended formats.
Let me know what other recommendations you may have to improve this book as an epub product?
Starting On: May 2, 2012
Posted On: May 02, 2012 13:28 UTC
Category: Design & Multimedia > Graphic Design
Hours Billed: 107.17
click to apply