Lightswitch (www.lightswitch.com) is ambitiously building a company to solve a tough problem – making custom web video production easy and affordable for every small business in America. We believe video is the best way for local businesses to tell their story online and it’s going to be the next big wave for businesses to connect with potential customers. We’re looking for a talented user interface designer to craft a delightful web experience for our customers.
We’re looking for someone that loves doing it all – you would be responsible for design and implementation into HTML and CSS. You’ll work closely with our team but should feel comfortable having responsibility for the final design and user experience.
We are a startup with real revenue and the same committed investors that built Groupon – this is a great opportunity for you to make a huge impact at an early stage company. We have an energetic and highly motivated team and are looking for more of the same.
This role is a freelance position with our hope of turning into a full-time salaried position (with lots of juicy benefits) over time.
- Lead user interface design and development for the web customer experience
- Work closely with our engineering team to deliver elegant solutions
- Create thoughtful, elegant visual design and write clean front end code to fully deliver the intended experience
- Experience turning your designs into actual code (available portfolio)
- Strong layout skills, design sensibilities and an overall thoughtfulness to the user experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Passion for creating new products, highly motivated and willing to accept significant responsibility
- Sense of humor, passionate, plays well with others